Yo this is the Black era of bleach enjoy.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Afro's Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yorudan

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Afro's Tips   Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Hey Guys and Girls,
I suppose of am one of the newest graders. Just wanted to take the chance to let you all know what I look for when I am grading. I have absolutely no problem letting all of you know what will get you higher grades with me. In fact, you may say that I've got it down to an exact science, and now you can too(when it comes to me anyways lol). When I grade I will always include a scale for you so that you know where you got points and how you got points.
There are many things that I look for when grading a post. I'd have to say that the top three are IMAGERY, CREATIVITY(orignility), ELOQUENCE and EFFORT. (Let's call these the big four)

Imagery- Very important. I want you to take me there. Don't paint me a picture and don't try to explain the situation to me....take me there! I want to feel like I'm in your movie. I'll do anything for a chance to be in your movie director Wink

Creativity- Be original...or as original as you can be in an RP of this nature. Originality does not mean going above and beyond to powerplay or overstep bounds, but it does mean introduce something new; perhaps a twist that the reader doesn't expect.

Eloquence- I would have to say that this ties with Imagery when it comes to importance. This means that when I read something it flows so smoothly that it's as if I'm not reading at all, but instead looking at a fly ass piece of artwork. (^_^ Master this and you'll ALWAYS get a high grade from me.) It will definitely help this part of your score if you use good grammah...errm...I mean grammar. >,>

Effort- This is just what you think it means; the amount of effort that I feel you put into a piece. This is the most difficult thing to gauge, therefor, when it comes to newer members, I won't be including this grading tool. Instead I will only grade you on the previous three listed above. After I feel as if I've familiarized myself with your style and your writing ability you will see this included. Improvement means that there was effort, consistency in your writing means that there was effort. This means that if your stories get better, your score will be higher. Your score will also be higher if everything you write after the point of improvement meets that same bar. It's when your writing falls below this bar that your score will suffer No

Each of these four will be given a set amount when it comes to missions and trainings; EFFORT will normally account for near half of your score(if it's included during the break down at all)

If you get the highest scores in all of these you're not out of the woods yet XD. Your story still needs to make sense and be a nice read too. You can lose points in other ways.

If you get a low score but I know you gave effort I have no problem finding something else I liked about your story and giving you points for it. I will only give a few points for said concept though.

PS
Originality could potentially get you bonus points with me ^_^

Unseated Officer
Shikai:  Saihoushi , Shitateya, Cut the strings that fasten...
-Spirit-
hp 20
reiatsu 20
-Body-
strength 5
agility 7
endurance 0
reiatsu control 0
-Skills-
swordsmanship 12
unarmed 0
kido 0
shunpo 0
"To truly master your blade, your mind must be sharper than the edge of your instrument."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yorudan

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Afro's Tips   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:23 pm

When it comes to overall strictness during the grading process how strict I am depends on the piece I'm grading. When I refer to strictness, I mean the overall size of deductions when I take points off. The stricter I'm being the larger the deduction for whatever.

Omakes-Minimul strictness (1-2 exp deduction per "flaw").

Omakes- (2 or more contributers)- Less than minimal lol...unless it was just ehh...complete garbage DX (1 exp per "flaw")

Trainings- (2 or more writers)-Minimul strictness; unless there are things about it that make absolutely no sense or confuse me (1-2 exp deduction per "flaw).

Trainings- (1 writer, single)-Pretty strict; it's 25 exp for something that could be an omake, what do you expect?? Rolling Eyes (3-5 exp deduction per "flaw").

Missions- Medium strictness (1-3 exp deduction per "flaw").

Missions- (2 or more writers/contributers)- Minimul strictness; unless, like 2 person trainings, it makes no sense or is confusing.

Unseated Officer
Shikai:  Saihoushi , Shitateya, Cut the strings that fasten...
-Spirit-
hp 20
reiatsu 20
-Body-
strength 5
agility 7
endurance 0
reiatsu control 0
-Skills-
swordsmanship 12
unarmed 0
kido 0
shunpo 0
"To truly master your blade, your mind must be sharper than the edge of your instrument."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Afro's Tips
Page 1 of 1